Need a Spider Exterminator?
Serving Bowling Green and surrounding areas.
Let our local spider extermination experts help! Call today for more info...Call Now! (877) 882-6098
GET A FREE QUOTE NOW - CALL (877) 882-6098
Spider Control Service in Bowling Green
For some people the most terrifying thing to run into in their home is a spider. However, most spiders look far worse than they really are. There are very few spiders that can actually harm a person. In fact, most spiders are actually helpful in getting rid of other pests. This is still not comfort, though, for most people who just wish to have a spider free home. Leave getting rid of spiders in Bowling Green NY up to the pros. Call Bowling Green Pest Control Services today to get our expert opinion.
Chasing the Spiders Away
It can be very difficult to completely get rid of spiders. The best method is calling in a professional to completely spray your home. There are no major sprays on the market that you can buy to get rid of spiders and spider traps are only minimally effective.
You have to be diligent in order to really rid your home of spiders. You will need to knock down the webs and ensure the eggs are gone. A good way to do this is to sweep up the webs with a sweeper and then dispose of the bag or dump the canister outside.
Other Ideas to Try
People often come up with great ideas to help get rid of pests and that is true about getting rid of spiders. Here are some of the many ideas that people have offered on how to get rid of spiders in your home:
– Keep eucalyptus around the house because spiders do not like the smell. – Cats are great spider catchers. – Use an ammonia solution on windows to repel spiders. – Place hedge apples around your home. – Use lemon scented pledge to dust with.
Get Rid of Hiding Spots
Spiders will seek out wood and wood products, like cardboard. They also can hide in clothing items or under almost anything. Be sure to reduce the amount of clutter you have. In areas like attics, basements and closets you should keep sticky traps to catch any wondering spiders.
Following all of the above tips and ideas should help you to get a good handle on any spider problem you may have. If you find your home has brown recluse or black widow spiders, which can both cause serious health problems if they bite, then you really must contact a professional to spray your home. Make sure to get a guarantee, too, so if the spider problem comes back quickly they will spray again for free.
Common Spiders Found in Pike County
With a little under 4000 different species of spiders in the United States alone, spider identification can be quite difficult. You’ll hear names like ‘house spider’ and ‘cobweb spider’ tossed around frequently and out of context. The truth is, house spiders and cobweb spiders are actual species, not generalizations. This page is geared towards identifying the most common spiders in the United States (in no particular order):
- Black Widow – Shiny black with a red hourglass on its abdomen. It is only the females who have a dangerous bite. They like to hide in shoes left outside (seriously), under rocks, between bricks, and will not usually get inside. They make very messy webs.
- Brown Recluse – This a brown spider that has a horrible painful bite. On its back is the signature violin pattern. They do not build webs and will reproduce very fast inside of a home.
- Daring Jumping Spider – Black, small and furry. It’s pretty fast and curious too. May have a white spot on its abdomen.
- Yellow Sac Spider – Yellow or green bodied spider that can be found running around outside. This spider is responsible for more bites than any other spider in the United States.
- Wolf Spider – Large brown spider with a tan strip running across its carapace. Does not construct webs and sometimes mothers can be seen carrying live babies on her back.
- Cellar Spider – Translucent tan color, very long legs and skinny abdomen. They make messy webs in the corners of your home.
- Nursery Web Spider – Looks just like a wolf spider except the females can be seen carrying eggs with their mouth parts. They are prominent around creeks and bodies of water. Does not usually get inside the house.
- Garden Spiders – Black and yellow with white in between. This spider is huge and terrifying. They build large webs between shrubbery to catch and eat crickets.
We’ve skimmed the surface briefly. Spiders belonging to the order Agriope are very common as well, but because there are so many subspecies, it is impossible to provide a unique description. Spiders in the Agriope order build webs around eaves, windows, and below decking. They have a bulbous abdomen and vary in colors of orange, red, black, yellow, etc. The legs are usually striped as well.
#1 Spider Killer in Bowling Green
If you’re losing with the battle of getting rid of spiders why not give spiders a new home, especially if you want to do spider control without using any pesticides that would put you and your family in danger. Well you can buy them a new house; well actually it is a trap that is on the market for catching spiders. These work wonderfully well and can be placed in many places in your home.
For more details visit...Spider Removal From Car
- Spider Removal in Spanish Lake MO
- Spider Removal in Rock Port MO
- Spider Removal in Cairo MO
- Spider Removal in Holliday MO
- Spider Removal in Bridgeton MO
- Spider Removal in Eagleville MO
- Spider Removal in Peace Valley MO
- Spider Removal in Kirksville MO
- Spider Removal in Appleton City MO
- Spider Removal in Laurie MO